Unpaid Internship – Part Time
Bay State Integrated Technology
ABOUT BAY STATE INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGY, INC.
Bay State is a technology consulting firm based in Lakeville, MA. Bay State provides clients with technology solutions such as hosting, computer system design, managed services, project management, network and database administration, application programming, and technical support.
Bay State currently has a challenging internship opportunity for an individual with high standards to operate as a member of a team that provides ongoing support for our clients. This person will be part of an energetic, fast moving, demanding and results-oriented environment. The intern will perform various tasks for client and in-house systems.
This is an unpaid internship which could eventually lead to a permanent position. Hours would be part-time. We are flexible with scheduling as long as it is during our normal business hours of 8:30am-5:00pm. The intern will be exposed to a variety of tasks which will greatly expand his or her skill set. It will be a wonderful opportunity for a student looking to gain real world experience in the information technology field.
We are looking for an intern who is a go getter, wants to learn, and is adaptable. We need someone who is technical… website management and performance tuning knowledge is a huge plus, but not required.
Here are some of the tasks we will have for this person:
- Install Windows
- Install software such as Microsoft System Center
- Build demo and test environments
- Destroy hard drives
- Inventory and Document
- Physical Network Wiring and Termination
- Answer Calls
- Check Logs / Alert Systems
- Shadow the ITProGuru (itproguru.com)
- Attend technical events as availability permits
- Draft blog posts and work with web video content
- Help create and test Hands on lab guides (itproguru.com/hol)
- Build simple sample applications
A few other skills that would be a huge help…
- Event planning
- Adobe Photoshop or Gimp
- Creativity and design (website, images, PowerPoint, etc.)
Location: This position is based in Lakeville, MA.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a cover letter to: